Switch your search engine to Ecosia, a not-for-profit that makes a big impact
It’s fast, it’s easy and it’s a lot more private than Google.
With just a few clicks, you make a difference, today and every single day from now on.
Plus, it’s carbon-negative.
By planting trees and offsetting its energy use with renewables, Ecosia actually removes .5 kg of CO2 from the air each time you use it, which makes Ecosia a carbon-negative search engine.
45 searches plant a tree
Ecosia is a not-for-profit B corp. They use the incredible profits that are generated by search to plant trees.
If Ecosia were as big as Google, it could absorb 15% of all global CO2 emissions!
THAT'S ENOUGH TO OFFSET ALL VEHICLE EMISSIONS WORLDWIDE.
So far Ecosia has planted 140 million trees.
This means it’s not too late.
The Carbon Almanac has teamed up with Ecosia to make your online activity more powerful.
Join in. It makes a difference.
Seven reasons to give this free alternative a try
- Plant trees by doing nothing special.
- Do something that matters, right now and every day.
- Protect endangered animal habitats and give lemurs somewhere to live.
- Support an ethical internet and walk away from big tech.
- You can see how many trees you’ve planted.
- Finally, you can do something today, right now, that you feel good about.
- Need more reasons to switch? Check out the Ecosia blog.