As we know, carbon dioxide emissions are a primary cause of climate change. The more we limit the activities that emit carbon dioxide, the healthier the planet will be.
How much carbon dioxide is created through our choices?
Let’s see what you can get for 1kg of carbon dioxide emissions:
- Sending 73 emails or conducting 200 Google searches
- 8km car trip or 24km walking or 48km cycling
- Owning a dog for half a day
- 10 minute shower
- 35g of beef or 5 eggs or 2kg of broccoli
- 40 watt light bulb for 40 hours or 125 hours of a LED light
- 10 square inches of denim
Learn more at The Carbon Almanac and see how your choices add up.