We always need more celebrities to support climate actions and model more sustainable behaviors.
For many years, Oscar-winning actress, Natalie Portman has long used her status and platform to speak up about animal rights. One example is her speech when in 2017, she received the EMA (Environmental Media Association) award where she explained why she is vegan and how it relates to environment issues.
Beyond animal welfare, in an interview she shared that:
- she and her family talk a lot about climate change in terms of how they live and what they choose to do
- her veganism is in large part an environmental choice, along with animal welfare
- she buys vintage clothes, and only if absolutely necessary, and of course repair damaged items
- she uses "a car-share app that is all electric cars."
- she tries "to organize our trips to places we can go by train; or if we have to fly, to stay long enough to justify the travel."
We are thankful for her climate activism and use of her name and influence to lead the change to address the climate crisis.