Protecting the air, water, wildlife, land, and people sometimes requires legal action. For 35 years, the nonprofit organization The Southern Environmental Law Center has been working with governments and communities to provide a livable environment.
Some of their victories include:
- Cleaning up coal ash (270 million tons to date)
- Preventing logging and drilling in public lands through Appalachia
- Making solar power more affordable
- Stopping industries from dumping chemical waste into Cape Fear River
- Denying offshore drilling through the American southeast coast
The Southern Environmental Law Center knows that reversing climate change requires supporting biodiversity, slowing down the current fossil fuel system, and tackling systemic change.
We want to collectively celebrate SELC’s commitment to protect our planet with their wide scope of initiatives. Let’s tell them we appreciate their efforts.
A suggested post is below. You can copy it directly or write your own.
Thank you for your efforts to protect the basic rights of clean air and water. By fighting to hold corporations accountable for carbon emissions and other pollutants, you are creating a livable planet for all people and wildlife.
Please share this email with a friend and spread the good news.