Taking small actions on a regular basis can feel futile. The problem is so big. You are only one person.
That’s just what the fossil-fuel system wants you to feel. There are systems in place to make you think that you cannot change anything.
But you can. And you are.
Drip by drip, day by day, you are showing up. You are making a difference. We see you.
Here are some of the latest actions we celebrate:
- Checked the alternative energy sources available in my new home. Switched to 50 per cent wind and 50 per cent solar.
- When a neighbor complained about his energy bill, I took the opportunity to share with him the steps we have taken to reduce our energy usage by 60 per cent over the last 20 years.
- I’m making an effort to remove meat from at least one meal every day.
- I did my dishes in a large bowl and carried the water to my heat-exhausted plants rather than let the water go down the drain.
- I started a nonprofit to help lower and middle income families install solar panels at no cost to them.
- I’m talking about The Carbon Almanac on my podcast.
- I gave a copy of the Carbon Almanac to my County Supervisor.
What will you add to the list? Tell us here.