One Carbon Almanac Network member from Boston switched from electricity generated by burning coal to electricity generated 100% by solar and wind. The whole process took less than 30 minutes.
Consider doing it too. Here’s how she did it:
- She found a list of renewable electric providers on her local electric company’s website.
- Several sold electricity generated 100% by solar and wind, so she chose one of those.
- Renewable electricity was 2 cents less/kWh than what she had been paying!
- She made sure there were no long-term contracts she was getting into, or penalties she’d incur by leaving her current provider.
- She chose a new supplier, and signed up online.
Because her electric company both delivers the electricity (through its infrastructure and wiring) and supplies the electricity (through burning coal), she now gets two bills - one for delivery and one for the electricity itself. The two bills cost less than the single bill she was getting before.
Take a few minutes to switch your electric supplier today.
Forward this to five friends so they too can sleep better knowing the electricity they’re using is 100% generated by solar and wind.