Each and every day, each and everyone of you in The Carbon Almanac is making a difference.
You are showing up and taking an active part in the global effort against climate change.
Thank you for all that you do.
Here are some of the latest actions from our community that we celebrate:
- I recommended that our library purchase a copy.
- I divested in fossil fuels by moving my checking & savings accounts to Aspiration & Atmos Financial. I also moved my Roth IRA & brokerage account with Charles Schwab to Carbon Collective where my money is now helping solve climate change instead of funding it.
- I gave a copy to my grandniece for Christmas. She’s headed for college and wants to study “sustainability.” I’m also reposting the newsletter on FB, and starting conversations with friends (and strangers) there.
- I’ve asked landscaping businesses and their attached clients if they would consider doing one less cut and blow (per month) but still charge the same. Still pay their teams the same and clients pay the same.
- I joined an All You Can Save circle (book club) and it was so inspiring that I'm going to lead one for our climate club at work.
- I started a group, Carbon CREW Project, to help everyday people come together in small virtual groups for 5 sessions to make a plan to reduce their personal carbon footprint by 50%.
- I made my house all electric. Next step, solar panels!
- Switched from traditional paper towels to a reusable type made from an antimicrobial absorbent material.
What will you add to the list? Tell us here.